Wednesday, March 27, 2013

History Part 1 - The Hard Part

About a year ago, a friend that I met in one of my past experiences approached me with an offer to help build his center in China. Basically after much thought and deliberation, I accepted!

Fast forward to July 2012, I was going to leave to China in 3 weeks and I was very frightened. A lot of people told me all positive things and "It will be a wonderful experience all around." So For those last few weeks, I wanted to do as much as I possibly can.

I was still at GAP at the time and commuting from Davis to San Francisco Monday through Friday. here was a picture of the the Men's Team:



Anyway, I went all around California to say goodbye to everyone and I had a lot of fun times. I went Sky-diving, which was fun and scary.... it didn't help that my guy who jumped with me liked to mess with me...

To be honest, there was a lot of Great times in that last three weeks but one of the funnest times of my last 3 weeks was my last day of work. Everyone on my team and in the Canada Division are truly the greatest people you could ever meet.  Not only did they throw me an amazing going away celebration but they all pitched in and made me a care package to take to China... It made me cry! ESPECIALLY THE CARDS! ...... Seriously, it made me almost cancel going to China....

Basically after this celebration, I had a weekend left and people in Davis had something for me and then I moved out from my apartment in Davis (funnest apartment or place of stay I have ever had (Besides Bellevue but technically my roommate was in both places) :) ). Then I went home and relaxed for the last few days.

When I got to the Airport, I stopped breathing and about had a panic attack. I remember thinking "What am I doing?", "What if I fail?", "Why am I just going to leave my friends, my job and family for a whole year?".... "CRAP I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS TERMINAL".... It was over-whelming  and all I could do was listen to sad music and read this amazingly wonderful card that was given to me by the Old Navy Canada Division ... So, I  try to breathe and focus... Then the microphone called everyone to start boarding.... At that moment, I was talking on the phone and looking at the boarding gate... Then I turned and looked at the exit.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to my Blog! Should be good but to keep it nice and wholesome, please do not post any comment with foul language, threats or anything that is not an acceptable human comment in society. Pretend as if an 8 year old is reading this blog. Thank you!!!!

Sincerely with Positivity,

Joseph Palacio